10:00 am CET
Prediction of material properties, cracks and deformations of welded structures
This webinar is focused on the support of technological welding processes using numerical simulations in order to reduce production costs and increase the quality of welded structures. The presentation includes a description of negative welding phenomena and the process of their identification and elimination.
The webinar will be held in English language.
- Negative phenomena of the welding process
- Possibilities of prediction of process parameters of experimental measurement
- Welding of steels S355, S460NL, S420MC, S700MC and S690QL - deformation, residual stress and material properties
- Possibility of prediction of process parameters using numerical simulation welding
- Demonstration of the advantages of numerical simulation welding on real examples, including optimization of technological welding processes
Marek Slováček, Ph.D, is a technical specialist in the fields of materials, welding, heat treatment and additive manufacturing technologies and assessment of limit states of the structure (fatigue, fracture mechanics, brittle fracture, creep etc.). With over 25 years’ experience and working as Business Development Manager for Virtual Manufacturing Solution at ESI Group, he is responsible for the management of large projects, mainly in R&D and innovation and a consultant for design and technology, materials and mechanical engineering. In parallel to his position at ESI, he is teaching at the University of Defense in Brno, Czech Republic. Marek holds a doctoral degree in Philosophy (Ph.D.), Mechanical and Technology and is author of several publications.