Workshop: OpenFOAM Made Easy (Visual-Environment for OpenFOAM)
Date: October 21, 2021
Time: 1 - 4 pm CET
Free of charge
ESI offers a bundled package that combines the power of Visual-Environment and OpenFOAM, which enables user to apply best practices made available based on the all experience and knowledge of ESI’s teams. Visual-Environment for OpenFOAM can be applied as general-purpose simulation software and provides engineering solutions at enterprise level. With Visual-Environment for OpenFOAM users can import CAD Models, clean them up, setup, solve and post-process an OpenFOAM case in a fully customizable environment. Its familiar CFD User Interface and terminology makes it an invaluable tool for beginners and experienced users alike.
The primary topics during this workshop include:
- Introduction to Visual-Environment for OpenFOAM and its functioning
- Aerodynamic Simulation: Incompressible turbulent flow
- Tank Filling: Volume of Fluid/ multiphase simulation
- Cabinet Cooling: Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT) Modeling
Optional cases (Based on availability of time)
- Ball drop in water tank (An Overset mesh application)
- Multi-species Simulation
One-month trial license of Visual-CFD will be delivered to all interested attendees.