Senior Software Developer DevOps
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
PROFIL DE L'EMPLOI
ESI Group is seeking a Senior software developer to be part of the larger DevOps group.
ESI software embeds software for licensing, and usage tracking. This needs customization to fit ESI requirements and entails advanced software development.
ESI software embeds transversal components and modules which need to be customized and maintained to support ESI products and processes.
The main purpose of the job is to develop and maintain license and usage tracking components, and develop end maintain transversal software components.
There is a resource needed in developing these transversal software components and systems, as well as assisting in automating processes, for example re packaging, signing etc.
The main responsibilities will be :
- Development and maintenance of licensing, infringement and usage components (C/C++)
- Components development, support and packaging (C/C++, Python)
- Custom systems support, maintenance and development, for example enhancing open source tools
- Process automation (Python, GitLab-CI, etc.)
Act as a senior developer associated to the transversal DevOps team contributing to the delivery of high-quality components and services.
Perform aspects of automation in the Software Factory, for example signing, SCA, software packaging and delivery.
Contribute to the team’s success by sharing experience, providing peer-to-peer coaching and or mentorship and knowledge sharing.
Interact with IT, developers and other parts of DevOps to improve processes and best-practices.
Execution of analysis and reporting tasks as required.
- Knowledge sharing
- Identifying and implementing process and methodology improvements and efficiencies
- Contributing to risk management by creating by documentation and analysis, as well as generating management information for continous improvement.
- Contributing to a diverse and positive team culture
- Windows, Linux, Shell scripting
- Development (C/C++, Python)
- Database management (SQL)
- Basic knowledge of IT asset management and licensing
- Basic knowledge in system administration and DevOps best practices is appreciated
- Speak, write and present in French and English
- Good communicator
- Comfortable working in remote teams as well as autonomously