Skip the surface defects on outer automotive panels with Virtual Light Room & Autaza
4 pm CET
For the automotive industry predicting surface defects in outer panels is very crucial for their business as it directly impacts the perceived value of the product.
Mouse ears, and other visual defects occur when sheet metal deflects minutely from the intended curvature of the part. However, such miniscule deviations can be visible on the car’s glossy surface and really reduce its appeal.
Manufacturers of automotive panels worldwide still face a challenge to numerically predict the mouse ears and other cosmetic defects.
ESI PAM-STAMP simulates these problems quickly which is then inspected in the Virtual Light Room module, emulating the reflective room conditions with virtual lights. Post the inspection, an AI based surface classifier solution – Autaza, rates the surface defects found on automotive body panels.
In case you don't see the form or can't register please follow this link.
- Spot surface defects in your body panel
- Understand if the surface defects came from part design, die face design, stamping or assembly processes
- Rate the severity of these defects
Who should attend?
- Parts / panel designers
- Tooling team
- Stamping engineers
- Body shop & assembly team
- Why do we need a new way to spot and quantify defects?
- The method used
- Mesh to Virtual Light Room
- Partnership with Autaza
- Workflow and customization
- Validation: Partnership with OEM
- Methodology to rate defects with AI
- Area of applications
- Live demo
- Q&A session