Virtual Reality Application Engineer
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
- To be considered for this position you must apply on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Please let us know if you require assistance with the application process or an accommodation
- EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
ESI North America is currently seeking a Virtual Reality Application Engineer in its Farmington Hills, MI office. The successful candidate will manage and be actively involved with the day-to-day IC.IDO software operations. Responsibilities include managing product technical support, developing and conducting engineering service projects, and performing trade pre-sales technical support. The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
Core Responsibilities / Functions
- Building multi-level relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to drive daily business operations.
- Assisting the sales team to perform customer discoveries to understand challenges and capture business process requirements for IC.IDO solutions.
- Performing technical pre-sales activities including but not limited to:
- Developing and presenting custom pre-sales demonstrations and technical presentations to communicate business value to qualified customer prospects and at trade shows and conferences.
- Assisting the manager to prepare and deliver technical proposals to meet customer requirements.
- Performing proof of value projects to showcase business value for the customer.
- Performing hardware and software configuration, installation, and solution deployment at customers.
- Performing consulting projects and conducting training including but not limited to:
- Engineering Application projects where existing ESI solutions are applied to customer applications.
- Field Services and Training, where existing ESI solutions require paid technical consulting support and training.
- Innovative or Special Projects, where new developments for ESI’s software solution are needed for specific and often more challenging customer applications.
- Driving adoption and successful usage of the solution at customer by providing first-line technical or hot line support and pro-active customer engagement activities to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Working with the Solution Management team to analyze requirements and gaps including alternative and new technology products and contributing to the design and development of ESI’s solutions within complex customer environments to achieve business growth goals.
- Participating in new release testing programs and help to successfully deploy them on customer’s production environments.
- Identifying potential growth opportunities at existing customers and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Contributing to the company‘s intellectual property and assets through documentation of leading practices, methods development and sales collateral.
- Promoting the corporate mission, vision and values to maintain quality, professionalism and team spirit among all stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial engineering or related sciences.
- Basic knowledge of product and/or manufacturing and/or production and/or service engineering environments in fields such as Aerospace, Heavy Equipment, Automotive is preferred.
- Experience and aptitude in business process consulting is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of 3D computer graphics systems.
- Basic knowledge of CAD and/or Digital Mockup platforms (e.g. Pro/E, CATIA, NX …).
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10, MS Office and Computer Networks.
- Basic knowledge of Project Management techniques.
- Capability for analytical and abstract thinking and methodological competence is a must.
- Good communication and positive attitude is a must.
- Self-motivated, proactive and innovative thinking is a must.
- Willingness to take on responsibility and work towards defined objectives within a team.
- Ability to also communicate in Spanish is preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers
- Interesting work in an international company with great colleagues and office environment
- Modern and well-equipped offices