Sr. Software Development Engineer
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI Group is a leading innovator in Virtual Prototyping software and services. Coupled with Virtual Reality, animated by systems models and benefiting from data analytics, Virtual Prototyping becomes immersive and interactive. ESI’s clients can bring their products to life, ensuring reliable performance, serviceability and maintainability.
ESI US R&D, Inc., a subsidiary of ESI Group, is currently seeking to fill the position of Sr. Software Development Engineer in our San Diego office. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing software applications in the field of vibro-acoustics for the global market.
As part of our vibro-acoustics team, you will be involved in all aspects of software development by working with our research scientists, software developers, marketing, and in-product development teams. Some of our clients include NASA, Boeing and automotive clients like GM and Ford.
- Establish software design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing support and integration support.
- Create robust, modularized software code that can easily be reused and updated.
- Lead progress review sessions to discuss schedule and technical performance.
- Identify software engineering issues and provide leadership in solutions development.
- Create and implement training plans for staff to maximize the depth and breadth of skill.
- Establish software talent and develop a roadmap for coordination and improvement in software development.
- Proactively manage knowledge transfer in the group.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Contact us should you have questions regarding the application process, require assistance or an accommodation.
ESI US R&D Inc. is an EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- BS / MS in engineering or a related technical field as well as 13+ years of progressively complex software engineering experience.
- Experience coding at an industry level with a strong background in programming constructs and idioms.
- Experience working in large code bases of mixed Python and C++ on Windows and Linux.
- Solid understanding of design patterns, data structures and advanced numerical analysis methods.
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment and release management tools such as GitLab, Artifactory and Conan.