Sr. Applications Engineer, VA
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
- To be considered for this position you must apply on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Must have Lawful Permanent Resident status or US citizenship for ITAR project clearance.
- Please let us know if you require assistance with the application process or an accommodation.
- EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
ESI North America, Inc. (ESI) is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Applications Engineer in the Vibro-Acoustics (VA) trade for its Farmington Hills, MI office. This position is responsible for providing technical support, consulting, and training services to ESI customers in the field of Vibro-Acoustics using ESI’s VA One software primarily for automotive and aerospace customers; assisting in providing software functionality and acting as technical liaison to the sales team; assisting in business development by identifying potential opportunities for software sales and consulting services, aiding in preparation of proposals for consulting projects, publishing and presenting technical papers, and attending trade shows and conferences to provide technical support to the marketing team. The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Perform consulting projects and conduct training using VA One, including but not limited to:
- Engineering application projects for aerospace customers, where VA One is used for customer applications;
- Field Services and Training projects for paid technical support or training; and
- Innovative or Special Projects, where new modeling applications for VA One need to be developed for specific and often more challenging applications.
- Assist with business development as requested, by identifying potential opportunities for consulting services contracts, pre-sales technical presentations and attendance at trade shows and conferences to provide technical support of the sales and marketing team.
- Advise the Product Management staff of all opportunities for alternative or new technology products and services that can help achieve business growth goals.
- Prepare formal presentation of technical papers and other technical publications within the guidelines set by ESI NA.
Remain current on all ESI products and become familiar with all new products and features within their trade groups.
- Help attain and grow annual services revenue team goals.
- Attain budgeted renewal rates for respective trade.
- Assist sales team in attaining trade application licensing goals.
Education & Experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering (or other relevant engineering discipline) or Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in application engineering or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in Vibro-Acoustics, Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) analysis on components, sub-systems, and full systems of automotive, aerospace.
- Experience in NVH, Acoustics, CAE for low, mid and high frequency analysis.
- Experience in Acoustics modeling using FE/BEM, SEA.
- Knowledge of NVH and Acoustics Finite Element Methods and related software; experience in VA One is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of design optimization, scripting, and programming.
- Knowledge of structural NVH and durability FE analysis is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers
- Interesting work in an international company with great colleagues and office environment
- Modern and well-equipped offices