Software Development Engineer
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI Group is a leading innovator in Virtual Prototyping software and services. Coupled with Virtual Reality, animated by systems models and benefiting from data analytics, Virtual Prototyping becomes immersive and interactive. ESI's clients can bring their products to life, ensuring reliable performance, serviceability and maintainability.
A subsidiary of ESI Group, ESI US R&D, Inc., is currently seeking to fill the position of Software Development Engineer in our San Diego office. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing software applications in the field of vibro-acoustics for the global market.
As part of our vibro-acoustics team, you will be involved in all aspects of software development by working with our research scientists, software developers and in-product development teams. Some of our clients include NASA, Boeing and automotive clients like GM and Ford. The San Diego office benefits from ESI's global exposure while developing in a small team environment.
- Create robust, modularized software code that can easily be reused and updated.
- Write high-performance C++ code that solves real-world engineering problems.
- Leverage popular and powerful open-source libraries like Boost, Embree, Eigen, TBB, MKL, OSG, and CGAL.
- Help migrate MFC-based application to modern user-interface code (e.g., Qt, Electron).
- Test your code in a continuous integration environment (e.g., Gitlab).
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor's or Master's in Engineering or a related technical field as well as 3-8 years of progressively complex software engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of design patterns, data structures and advanced numerical analysis methods.
- Experienced in coding at industry level with a strong background in programming constructs and idioms.
- Experienced at working in large code bases of mixed Python and C++ on Windows and Linux.
- Windows development using Visual Studio, QT and OpenGL or other 3D APIs are a benefit.
- Experienced with continuous integration, deployment and release management tools such as GitLab, Artifactory and Conan.
- Must demonstrate a technical expertise in software development including applicable engineering principles, concepts, theory and practices.
- Must be comfortable working independently on projects while maintaining communication with colleagues.
Please submit your resume on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Contact us should you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation.
ESI US R&D Inc. is an EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran.