Senior Engineer, Hybrid Twin
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI North America is currently seeking a Senior Engineer, Hybrid Twin to join our US team. This position will play a key role in developing and supporting a new ESI solution in cyber-physical system reliability, monitoring diagnostics and predictive maintenance by incorporating physics modeling solution with ML/AI applied on IoT data. The position will be responsible for supporting innovative research projects, customer co-creation and engineering services projects and in providing technical training and support in the system modeling, reliability and Hybrid twin. The position will also participate in technical presales and proposal development activities in major accounts in the US in defense energy and manufacturing segments. The role is part of a growing hybrid twin team and offers the opportunity to engage in innovative projects with industry leading experts with significant opportunities for carrier growth.
Must be Lawful Permanent Resident or US citizen to work on ITAR secured projects.
To be considered for this position, you must apply at https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
The Senior Engineer, Hybrid Twin will collaborate with the Hybrid Twin Strategic Business Units, Innovation and Discovery Team for System Modeling and the Sales Team in the North America Market and contribute to execution and support of Hybrid Twin projects with focus in North America but also worldwide. Through pre- and post- sales role, provide modeling and engineering service support to local customers. The potential candidate will provide business development and proposal development support to customers at various industries in North America.
1. Execution and management of complex engineering services projects:
- Support Hybrid Twin project execution, including providing system modeling, ML consulting services, evaluation and training support.
- Diagnose customer problems and suggest appropriate hybrid Twin solution and lead the development of appropriate project proposal.
- Research and continue to learn advancements in Machine learning and AI techniques in the topics of diagnostics and predictive maintenance in cyber-physical systems.
2. Strong customer engagement and technical support:
- Interact with customers and manage project execution and communication with customer.
- Discuss the solution/product roadmap of Hybrid Twin and associated software with customers.
- Lead technical customer engagement and provide direct feedback to Hybrid Twin, Innovation and Discovery and software development teams.
3.Presentation, written and interpersonal skills:
- Communicate complex concepts and establish a common understanding with customers and ESI software development and engineering services teams.
- Write engineering services proposals, journal papers, and technical memos.
- Present ESI solutions at conferences, seminars and industry trade shows.
Please complete the application process on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Please let us know if you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation. EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Control Theory or related fields with concentration on advanced controls and cyber-physical systems modeling.
- Experience in multi-physics and control systems modeling, signal processing and industrial automation.
- Two to four years’ experience in managing and executing advanced engineering projects.
- Experience in modeling electro-mechanical/cyber physical system is preferred.
- Experience in data science, ML and or AI applied to engineering and Cyber physical systems is a strong differentiator.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control Theory or related fields is a plus.
- Ability to manage projects executed by a team of engineers.
- Technical competence in system and controls modeling and desire to solve challenging industrial problems.
- ML knowledge and good programing skills in Python or Matlab.
- Experience using system modeling tools like SimulationX, AMESim, Dymola, Matlab/Simulink or other tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to diagnose problems and lead technical discussions with internal teams and external partners
- Results oriented, self-driven, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with remote teams around the world.