Specialist, R&D (Vibro-acoustics)
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
San Diego or office locations in France or Germany
jpl [at] esi-group.com
ESI is seeking an experienced vibro-acoustic specialist to work in its San Diego office (or remotely from any location in the US or EU).
The salary range listed below is for California only.
- Residents of the US apply here: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Residents of the EU apply here: esi-1821 [at] candidatus.com
PAY RANGE: $117,000 to $145,000 USD (California only)
This role is responsible for participating in vibro-acoustic research and development projects. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting vibro-acoustic technology and software products.
- Developing theory to solve new classes of computer aided engineering (CAE) problems in the field of vibro-acoustics.
- Validating developments through definition and use of test cases.
- Investigating existing formulations and developing improvements to enhance current capabilities.
- Communicating to customers, leads and academic community via conference presentations, articles, papers, webinars, and direct interaction.
- Defining research direction, liaise with internal and external reference stakeholders and prepare industrialization of developed solutions.
- PhD or MSc. in vibro-acoustics or related field (ideally with a high exposure to high frequency methods) with at least 5 years of work/research experience.
- Prior experience with numerical simulation and vibro-acoustics in a laboratory or corporate environment.
- Numerical modeling in vibro-acoustics:
- Advanced knowledge of statistical energy analysis (SEA) and hybrid modeling.
- Basic knowledge of deterministic (volume-and surface based, i.e. FEM and BEM/FMM) modeling methods and acoustic ray-tracing.
- Hands-on knowledge of VA One, Wave6, Actran, Virtual.Lab or the like.
- Matlab expertise.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: basic knowledge of one or several CFD software (e.g. openFOAM, Star-CMM+, PAM-Flow) and related theories.
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment.
- Tools to assist in the success of this role.
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers.
- Interesting work with great colleagues and office environment.
- Modern, well-equipped offices.
- Work from home / hybrid flexibility.