Technical Manager (Human Centric)
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
Our local HR Business Partner will follow up with your application should you fit the requirements of this position.
ESI is currently seeking an experienced Technical Manager to join the Human Centric team for our European Operations. This position offers hybrid work flexibility and will be located at one of our offices in the EU or UK. The successful candidate will manage and lead a regional team of team leaders and engineers to help our customers extract value from ESI’s Human Centric solutions through customer engagement activities to provide high quality of customer experience. The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Management: Responsible for resource management including budgeting and hiring. Coach and mentor, the team to achieve team and personal goals.
- Pipeline generation: Support the sales and marketing teams to identify and qualify new opportunities based on the existing solution by participating in strategic pipeline development meetings
- Sales plans development: Assist the sales managers to create strategic sales plans for regional and global targeted customers
- Presales Value Engagement: Own the technical presales execution of the yearly sales plans with the sales managers for the following phases
- Qualification of opportunities – Help sales qualify opportunities to fit the core value cases of ESI solutions for targeted industries
- Value Discovery – Conduct discovery exercises to understand and map key value of ESI solutions to critical customer problematics
- Value Demonstration - Prepare and deliver technical pre-sales presentations to potential customers.
- Value Proposition - Create quotes / proposals for professional services including professional training classes at ESI or customer sites, possibly including the development of training materials.
- Potential Value – Document potential value for customers
- Customer Satisfaction Management: Ensure customer satisfaction along the customer journey for technical activities.
- Customer Support: Supervise the team to provide high quality, level 1 customer support and maintain the quality of escalation to level 2 software validation and quality team. Help Product Management to prioritize resolutions along the software releases by providing insights on business impact through ticket escalations.
- Voice of customer to Industry Solutions team: Provide feedback/voice of customer to the Product Management team to ensure that critical business requirements for customers have been considered in the solution roadmap, or opportunities for alternative or new technology products and services that can help achieve business growth goals.
- Business Development: Assist with business development activities by identifying and communicating services or licensing opportunities to the ESI’s regional (NA, EMEA and ASIA) sales.
- Marketing support: Assist with demand and lead generation activities.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and customer events related.
- Develop, write, and present technical papers and other technical publications
- Help to develop customer success stories
- Partner with Industry marketing to communicate go to market strategy to internal teams
- Prepare reports and other documentation as directed and assigned by the management.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related field with 5-10 years of industry experience.
- 5+ years’ experience managing different levels of engineers
- Experience of virtual product and process validation preferable
- Experience in Project Management
- Have good understanding of product development cycle
- Knowledge of CAD and/or Digital Mockup tools
- Knowledge of XR hardware systems is a plus
- Shows strong business acumen of selling value of B2B engineering software products
- High soft skills with focus in managing high performing teams
- Performance and results oriented
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Leadership| Influencer | Strategic Thinking | Positive attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment.
- Tools to assist in the success of this role.
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers.
- Interesting work with great colleagues and office environment.
- Hybrid work flexibility