Technical Engineer, Composites
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI North America is seeking a Technical Engineer, Composites in its Farmington Hills, MI office (with remote/hybrid flexibility).
HOW TO APPLY
- To be considered for this position you must apply on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Please let us know if you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation
- EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Perform consulting projects and conduct training using ESI composites software products, including but not limited to:
- Engineering application projects, where existing ESI technologies are applied to customer applications;
- Field Services and Training projects, where existing ESI products require paid technical support or training, and
- Innovative or Special Projects, where new modeling applications of the ESI’s sheet metal forming software products need to be developed for specific and often more challenging applications.
- Provide the first-line technical or hot line support to customers for software products in the composites manufacturing domain.
- Assist with business development as requested, by identifying potential opportunities for consulting services contracts, pre-sales technical presentations and attendance at trade shows and conferences to provide technical support of the sales and marketing team.
- Advise the Product Management staff of all opportunities for alternative or new technology products and services that can help ESI achieve its business growth goals.
- Prepare formal presentation of technical papers and other technical publications within the guidelines set by ESI.
- Represent the company at national and international conferences and industry trade shows.
- As a member of the Smart Manufacturing Americas team supporting manufacturing simulation for composites, metal forming, casting and welding & assembly, you will have the opportunity to learn from other manufacturing domain.
- Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or other relevant engineering discipline) plus at least one year of experience in one or more the following:
- Composites manufacturing processes (thermoforming, RTM, infusion, etc.)
- Tooling and/or process design for composites application
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) ideally in the manufacturing domain
- Engineering soft skills (problemsolving, reasoning, team work, self-learning, etc.)
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- Particular attention will be given to candidates demonstrating one or more of the following skills
- Metal forming hands on experience in R&D or production environment
- Experience with ESI simulation software PAM-COMPOSITES
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment
- Tools to assist in the success of this role
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers
- Interesting work with great colleagues and office environment.
- Modern, well-equipped office with convenient parking and proximity to restaurants, retailers, and the airport
- Opportunity to work remotely or hybrid