The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI North America is currently seeking a Systems Administrator in its Farmington Hills, Michigan office. The position will report to the IT Manager for The Americas.
- To be considered for this position you must apply on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
- Please let us know if you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation
- EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or better in information technology, computer science or a related field.
- 2+ years' experience in information technology with moderate expertise in:
- Microsoft Windows 10+
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016+
- Microsoft SCCM
- Linux (RHEL, CentOS, etc.), preferable with LPIC or another Linux certification.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office365 Cloud Solution.
- Competency with computer components with knowledge to repair and/or replace.
- Knowledge and experience in HPC for engineering simulations.
- Knowledge and experience of HPC Schedulers (e.g. Torque, PBS Pro or SLURM) .
- Knowledge and experience of engineering simulation solver behavior.
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python, Perl.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (limited).
- Monitor IT Tickets daily with sense of urgency in response to security and usability concerns
- Deploy Desktops, Laptops, and Servers for locations in North America.
- Maintain Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Coordinate with Manager and Corporate IT team to achieve global infrastructure and services objectives. (Ex: Antivirus, LAN/WAN, AD, DNS, DHCP, VM's etc.)
- Conduct maintenance and installations for HPC Clusters at North America Sites.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment.
- Tools to assist in the success of this role.
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers.
- Interesting work with great colleagues and office environment.
- Modern, well-equipped office with convenient parking and proximity to restaurants, retailers, and the airport.