Senior Software Developer DevOps
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI Group is seeking a Senior software developer DevOps in its Rungis' office.
ESI software embeds software for licensing, and usage tracking. This needs customizations to fit ESI requirements and entails advanced software development.
ESI software embeds transversal components and modules (genutil, mathutl, ESI Python, custom systems integrations etc. ) which need to be customized and maintained to support ESI products and processes.
The main purpose of the job is to develop and maintain license and usage tracking components, and develop end maintain transversal software components.
There is a resource needed in developing these transversal software components and systems, as well as in the packaging activity.
The main responsibilities will be :
- Development and maintenance of licensing, infringement and usage components (C/C++)
- Components development, support and packaging
- Custom systems support, maintenance and development, for example enhacing open source tools
- Packaging activities (installers etc.)
- Interact with IT re SDE (software development environment)
Act as a senior DevOps team member contributing to the delivery of high-quality components and services.
Perform aspects of software packaging and delivery, including development of new related technologies.
Contribute to the team’s success by sharing experience, providing peer-to-peer coaching and or mentorship and knowledge sharing.
Interact with IT, developers and other parts of DevOps to improve processes and best-practices.
Execution of analysis and reporting tasks as required.
- Knowledge sharing
- Identifying and implementing process and methodology improvements and efficiencies
- Contributing to risk management by creating by documentation and analysis, as well as generating management information for continous improvement.
- Contributing to a diverse and positive team culture
- Windows, Linux, Shell scripts
- Development (C/C++, python)
- Installer precedures
- Database management (SQL)
- Basic knowledge of IT asset management and licensing
- Basic knowledge in system administration and DevOps best practices is appreciated
- Speak, write and present in French and English
- Good communicator
- Comfortable working in remote teams as well as autonomously