Project Management Office (Vibroacoustic)
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1200 highly qualified specialists in 40 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI VA One is a single environment for vibro-acoustics analysis and design. It allows engineers to perform accurate predictive noise and vibration design assessments early in the design cycle to meet product performance objectives. Users can meet aggressive design-time constraints, ensuring engineering decisions can be made when they most benefit the demands of a multi-disciplinary development environment.
The VA One environment is accessed from a standard user interface, covering the full frequency spectrum through a set of seamlessly coupled and proven modeling methods. With VA One, users achieve optimal design productivity without the need to deploy separate solutions requiring training for different user interfaces and data exchange between environments.
To continue further develop our solutions in this area, we are looking for our new PMO for solutions on “VA One”. In the context of VA One, Software Engineering teams are spread on several time Zones (California & Europe).
The PMO is in charge of a set projects related to our solutions. He secures the initiation, launch, execution phases up to delivery and ensure the stakeholders needs are met, risks are managed and mitigated, and delivery happens on time, with the agreed upon level of quality and having the agreed upon content.
He works in very close collaboration with Business Lines, with whom they jointly prepare presentations to support go/no go for the various phases of the solutions (e.g. assessment, discovery, industrialization). He acts as facilitators to support prioritization of work, problem solving and escalation if required.
Within the Software Engineering organization, the PMO:
- Qualifies incoming projects as per assignment from PMO head
- Supports the Product Manager
- Prioritizes requests including newly found bugs
- Prepares communications (qualification of project plan, timeline, resources, foreseen scope etc.)
- Staffs the required project team in collaboration with Team managers
- Supports the project teams
- Escalates issues encountered
- Synchronizes work across teams when required
- Leads weekly project reviews with project team members
- Handles the ISO process side of project management (initiation, launch, etc. forms)
- Contributes to the PMO team in its day to day operations (process improvements, problem solving, escalations etc.)
- Very good project management, synthesis, problem solving and structuring skills
- Proven experience in leading change
- Fast learner, business sense
- Experience in product development, ideally in VA software
- Fluent in English
- Very strong people skills (negotiation, crisis management, influencing, networking)
- Good written & oral communication
- Leadership / Ability to foster teamwork and knowledge transfer
- Time/Priorities Management
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative environment
- Exciting projects with international teams
- Interesting work in an international company with great colleagues and office environment
- Flexible working hours (including work from home)