Jr. Technical Engineer, Vibro-Acoustics
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
To be considered for this position you must apply on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
ESI North America is seeking a Jr. Technical Engineer to join its Vibro-Acoustics Team in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Be part of a global team working on exciting projects in virtual prototyping solutions. ESI offers competitive salaries and benefits, modern well-equipped offices, and hybrid work flexibility. Apply today and join an innovative technical company with great employees!
Please let us know if you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation. EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
The ideal candidate will have an BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline plus at least one year of experience working in vibro-acoustics engineering. The specific skillset is outlined below.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform consulting projects and conduct training using ESI vibro-acoustic products, including but not limited to:
- Engineering application projects, where existing ESI technologies are applied to customer applications;
- Field Services and Training projects, where existing ESI products require paid technical support or training, and
- Innovative or Special Projects, where new modeling applications of the ESI’s vibro-acoustic software products need to be developed for specific and often more challenging applications.
- Provide the first-line technical or hot line support to customers for software products in the Vibro-Acoustics Product Group.
- Assist with business development as requested, by identifying potential opportunities for consulting services contracts, pre-sales technical presentations and attendance at trade shows and conferences to provide technical support of the sales and marketing team.
- Advise the Product Management staff of all opportunities for alternative or new technology products and services that can help ESI achieve its business growth goals.
- Prepare formal presentation of technical papers and other technical publications within the guidelines set by ESI.
- Represent the company at national and international conferences and industry trade shows.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or other relevant engineering discipline) plus at least one year of experience in the following:
- Statistical Energy Analysis, Acoustic Boundary Element methods, Finite Element Methods, Modeling of Acoustic Materials, noise and vibration testing.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting projects with global teams in a technical environment
- Competitive salaries with excellent benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401(k), Life, Disability
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Modern well-equipped offices
- Hybrid work flexibility