The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
With continuously growing activities, ESI group, the leading company in the domain of Virtual Prototyping of Products, is searching for an engineer specialized in coding and scripting, compiler tools, and automation/configuration management.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate systems related to the entire development cycle; help automate and streamline our operations and processes; build and maintain tools for building artifacts, deployment, monitoring and operations; and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and improve build environments for ESI components and platforms.
- Continuously improve ESI’s software factory by supporting teams to put in place processes and standards (CI/CD, automation, build, Installer creation, deployment, documentation).
- Support development and operations to reduce time and “headaches” to access, test, use any new features or bug fixing.
- Act as facilitator for all technical performance units for IT needs/challenges.
- Administration of production tools such as Jenkins, Source Code Management tools (SVN, GIT, …), Artifactory etc.
- Report on DevOps project progression (risks, delays) and activities (in JIRA).
- Contribute to license technology development and maintenance.
We are looking for a person with minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with experience from the field of play.
- A working understanding of code (C, C++)
- Strong background in scripting (Windows PowerShell, Python, Shell…)
- Know-how related to compilers and compilers tools (Intel, Visual-Studio, gcc, make, cmake, profilers)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Jenkins, Gitlab-CI, Puppet or equivalent
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and processes is a plus
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Experience with IT systems and IT operations is a plus
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Speak, write and present in English
- Good communicator
- Comfortable working in teams as well as autonomously
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting contribution to sales enablement with international teams and customers
- Flexible working hours (including work from home) and 30 days of annual leave
- Interesting work in an international company with great colleagues and office environment
- Modern and well-equipped offices
- Company benefits like JobRad (bicycle leasing) and a group accident insurance
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English including your education certificate, earliest possible starting date, and salary expectations via: jobs.emea [at] esi-group.com
Your contact is: Dennis Zaig, HR Specialist (Phone-Nr. +49 6102 579 7145)