Development Manager, R&D
The ESI Group is a pioneer and world-leading provider in virtual prototyping software solutions. We employ about 1100 highly qualified specialists in 20 countries across the globe. The key to our success is the use of realistic material physics, providing "as good as real" virtual results.
ESI North America is seeking an experienced Development Manager in its Farmington Hills, MI office (with remote/hybrid flexibility). The Development Manager, R&D will lead software development for a Finite Element based multi-physics solver platform, which comprises components for thermal, radiation, flow, stress, electromagnetics, and metallurgy. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage a development team of approximately 5 to 10 people.
- Ensure the platform’s sustainability for continuous development of simulation products (Casting, RTM).
- Innovatively improve the platform’s core technology framework; e.g. multi-application inter-operability, High Performance Computing, Interface to GU, etc.
- Under the supervision of Director, R&D and co-managed by the Senior Director, SW Development.
- Work closely with and mentor project team developers.
- Work with the Product and Project Managers, R&D.
- Interact with Research and Innovation team.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position you must apply on this site: https://esigroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Please let us know if you have questions regarding the application process or require assistance or an accommodation. EOE Male/Female/Disability/Veteran
- Qualified candidates will have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related;
- 5 years of experience in Numerical Simulation Software development; and
- Experience managing people and projects.
- Finite Element Method, Finite Volume Method. Fluid Dynamics Computation
- Programming practice with advanced scientific language: C, Fortran 90 or C++
- Other programming languages (Python, Perl, Java etc) are appreciated
- Software development tool usage (Gitlab, Cmake, Jira, Jenkins, etc.)
- MPI based parallelisation
- Fluent in English
- Holistic based working approach
- Passion for software development
- Ability to work well alone / in teams and communicate effectively
WHAT WE OFFER
- An ambitious and innovative technical environment
- Tools to assist in the success of this role
- Exciting projects with international teams and customers
- Interesting work with great colleagues and office environment.
- Modern, well-equipped office with convenient parking and proximity to restaurants, retailers, and the airport
- Opportunity to work remotely or hybrid